Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Tweets for Tweets (6): My Favorite Bird Photos of H1 2022

For every 100 pictures I take, I keep about five. I then rank each one as a 3, 2, or 1. 

When I show someone a 3, they say, "Oh, that's a Robin."  When I show someone a 2, they say, "Eric, that's a great picture of a Robin." When I show someone a 1, they say, "You didn't take that picture of a Robin, did you?"

In other words, if I've been slightly insulted, that picture is usually a 1. I've taken a couple of hundred thousand pictures of birds and have accumulated maybe five "1s." 

If a professional relies on light, color, and composition, I rely on volume and luck.

Herewith, my sixth post of bird pictures, my favorites from the first half of 2022-- unofficially, "COVID, year 3." My favorites are the Warblers, not because they are 1's, but because getting a good picture of a Magnolia or Chestnut-sided Warbler is a little bit like reaching level 15 of Space Invaders.

For anyone under 40, here's the link.



































2 comments:

  1. Stunning as always. I feel no need to pick a favorite, but I must say that the rosefinch and the palm warbler (Google Lens's guesses) should be on Christmas cards.

    ReplyDelete